The ParqEx app and website have a messaging feature that allows owners and renters to communicate securely about rental requests, spot availability, and special instructions for accessing a parking spot.
TIP: Communication between renters and owners is a powerful tool that can be used to get more business for your spot, as well as to better coordinate with renters once a reservation has been made to ensure easy use of the parking spot
To access the messaging inbox, you must be logged in to the ParqEx app or website. The messaging inbox can be accessed via both the renter and owner dashboards:
1. After you have logged in to the ParqEx app or website, navigate to the owner or renter dashboard via the red menu button on the left-hand side of the app.
2. Scroll down to the bottom half of the menu and select the Inbox option, which can be found directly underneath My Profile.
3. Once you have accessed the message inbox, you will be able to see all current and past conversations you have had with renters or spot owners, and reply to their messages.
To initiate a conversation with the owner of a parking space that is available to book:
1. If you are trying to contact an owner of a parking space that is currently available to book, you will first need to find the spot using search. Instructions on how to do so can be found here.
2. Once you have found the parking spot you are interested in, click the blue "details" button to open the listing details window.
3. At the bottom of the listing details window is a text field where you can type your message to the spot owner. When you are done, click the Send Message button.
Once you have sent the initial message, you will be able to view the conversation from the Inbox.
To initiate a conversation with an owner of a parking space that is available by request only, there are some extra steps to take before a conversation will be visible in the inbox.
1. If you are trying to contact an owner of a parking space that you are interested in renting but is by request only, you will first need to find the spot using search. Instructions on how to do so can be found here.
2. Once you have found the parking spot you are interested in, click the button labeled REQUEST THIS SPOT.
3. You will then be prompted to enter the address, type of reservation (short-term or monthly), and the desired price of your request, along with a text field for a message to the owner where you can give more details about your parking request.
Once you have sent this initial request message, the conversation will now appear in your Inbox on the renter dashboard.
To contact (as an owner) someone who has reserved one of your parking spots via the app, you will need to navigate to the owner dashboard.
1. Once you have accessed the owner dashboard, scroll down the page until you see the section labeled My Reservations.
2. Select the reservation for which you would like to contact the renter.
3. You will now be shown the Reservation Details page. On this page, navigate down to the button labeled Contact renter. this button can be found underneath the section labeled Cancellation Policy.
4. After clicking Contact renter, you will be prompted to type a message and send it.
Once you have sent the message, the conversation will now be accessible from the Inbox.